Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spruce Up An Old Box


I had this old nikon box that was perfect for my friend's little girl's birthday present. It's her very first birthday and so I made her gift. I'll have to share that next week because her birthday party isn't until next Sunday (sorry I can't make it Darla! I know it will be beautiful).


All you need is an old box, scrap book paper, exacto knife, mod podge, brush to apply the mod podge and a cutting mat.


Lay the box out flat and begin gluing the paper to the surface. I did one section at a time. Once it was glued down well and pretty dry, I flipped over the box and began cutting along the outline of the box.


Once you cover your surface area, you can mod podge the top of the scrap book paper. I covered the entire box with one good coat and that worked well for me. If you have lots of creases and folds like I did make sure you're gently with the paper so it doesn't rip.

Once every thing is completely dry, carefully fold your box back together. I placed Ella's little gift inside and then tied it together with some twine.


This once a useless, ugly box is now a great gift box!

No comments:

Post a Comment