Friday, April 9, 2010

Chalkboard Bliss!



I was tired of this large mirror that we had and decided it needed a change. My dear husband had a few presents waiting for me when I got to Okinawa and one of those was a can of....you guessed it.....chalkboard spray (ok, maybe you guessed something else)! I was ecstatic I've been wanting to jump on the chalkboard bandwagon for some time now.

As you can see, the best part was that the entire spray paint bottle was in Japanese. I asked Robert how he knew what he was buying? I shouldn't have been surprised by his answer, I have an app for that! He's a walking advertisement for Apple...love you baby.


I sprayed several coats of chalk board spray on my mirror. I would suggest if your mirror can be removed easily from the frame, that would be the easiest route. Dealing with tape on the frame is quite tedious and sometimes frustrating.


If you have any old picture frames laying around, these work great for this sort of thing because the glass is so easy to remove. Also make sure it's dried thoroughly before taking chalk to the freshly painted surface...that can get messy.


Once spray painted we decided to add our own little flare to it. Robert created the "W" in the center...yes, with chalk! He's so handy. My contribution was the paisley designs on the edges.


All in all I was thrilled with the end result. It's great when a project turns out even better than how you envisioned it in your head! Hope you enjoy....




4 comments:

  1. All your crafts are SOOO adorable!!! I'm so inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brigette...that's so sweet! Hope you guys are doing well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The header picture of you and your hubby is ADORABLE! Thanks for you sweet email, all the projects you have been up to have been so fun to look at. Thanks for emailing and sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashley! I'm glad you enjoyed taking a peek :D I'll be honest, I got a little "starstruck" when I saw your post...haha! Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete