Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good Friday, Bad Thursday!


It's Good Friday already in Japan, but it was definitely a bad Thursday around the White House. There are many things I don't mind doing around the house, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cooking...I almost enjoy all those things, but laundry is another story. I'm not a fan, that's probably why I have so many clothes so I can go two three weeks with out doing my laundry (Robert and my college roommates can vouch for that).

Yesterday I decided to be SUPERWIFE and tackle a stain on Robert's new rain jacket. So my process went something like this....

Research how to get an ink stain out of polyester...feeling confident
Used hairspray and dabbed with cloth....ink remained
Used alcohol and dabbed with cloth....ink remained
Tried a few other crazy remedies I found online....ink remained
Ended up soaking in a white vinegar and soap mixture....this is finally where I got a change in my results! The once tan rain jacket was now a light purple and then INK REMAINED!

At this a was extremely frustrated! As you see from the picture above it looks like I crossed my Easter egg dying with my laundry. At first I was upset, and then I just couldn't stop laughing (probably from all the hairspray fumes). So the lesson I learned was next time I see a great jacket in the store that has a ink stain on it and I think to myself "I can get that out AND get a discount" WALK AWAY....RUN!

Hope you and yours have a happy Easter, I'll be convincing Robert to wear his purple jacket in honor of Easter :D

1 comment:

  1. I have no laundry tips.

    However, I did get get ink on a shirt at the office the other day and whipped out a Tide-to-Go pen.

    It somehow ate a hole in my shirt.

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete