Thursday, April 8, 2010

Picture Frame Tray


I actually made this tray some time ago, but recently revamped it. I found this wonderful idea from the amazing Ashley Ann (I'm hopelessly addicted to her blog). It's a very simple and quick project. My frame was a $5 Walmart buy that I sprayed painted green (once again my solution to everything). I picked up the old, rustic handles in a consignment shop in Beaufort.


I recently decided my picture frame tray was in need of an update. When I was home in Texas I spent a couple of days going through tons of "treasures" w/my Memom. She ended up giving me all my Daddy Jack's service metals, dog tags, and paper work from his time in the Army.


Some of this dates back to 1940 and it contains two of my favorite pictures of my grandparents. One is of their wedding day and the other is them standing in front of an old car in the middle of a bridge and it's gorgeous!


I didn't want to put scrap paper as the background because it just didn't seem to fit. My solution was an old paper bag that I crumpled. I was so pleased with how this turned out!


I'm just so glad I found a great way to display these precious items that my Memom entrusted me with! Hope you enjoy :D


4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jana! Does it have the glass in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes it does have glass in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you emailed this to Memom! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete