Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Accordion Style Coat Rack



Our guest bedroom is the last bedroom I have to get finished. In my defense we've been waiting on the double bed to be delivered and it just got here last week. To help liven up the beige walls I spruced up this accordion coat rack!



The picture above is what I started with. As you can see it basically would have blended in with my beige walls...yuck! So I whipped out a can of spray paint. By the way spray paint is the answer to any problem in my book. If you don't believe me ask my sister-in-law, we needed a pink fruit to decorate with for her wedding reception so what did I do....that's right....I spray painted apples bright pink! Ok, back the subject at hand...


After the spray paint had dried I folded the rack out to the specific size that I wanted the diamond shape in the middle. I then traced the shape onto one sheet of scrapbook paper.


I stapled my traced scrapbook square to the other pieces of scrapbook paper that I wanted to use and cut out my diamond shapes. (I prefer to use an exacto knife, but scissors will do the job just fine too). Then all that's left is hot gluing the scrapbook paper to the back of the rack.

This was one of those quick and easy projects that really brightens up a wall. Hope you enjoy!



2 comments: