Tuesday, April 13, 2010

a few of my FAVORITE things!



I received a box from my parents this week with lots of great surprises! I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things. Above is a close up of my new shower curtain, it's up in the guest bath and looks just lovely.


C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine from Bath & Body Works. It's lip shine and fresh breath all in one tube, what more do you need?


My absolute favorite Tazo tea...thanks dad! I heard you went to quite a few places to find this for me. It was sold out on Amazon and everywhere else.


Funny thing, the day I got this package I got an email from Amazon saying it was available again...haha, what timing?! I'll be heading over there to buy some in bulk.


And finally...Lea & Perrins Marinade for Chicken. Have you ever had this? It's amazing and it's the key ingredient in one of my favorite recipes, Jeff's Chicken and Rice. It's been a favorite since I can remember and now Robert's hooked on it too. This is one of those great comfort meals that always makes me feel happy when I eat it! Another reason this recipe is so close to my heart is that Jeff was taken from this earth much too soon, he was killed by a drunk driver several years ago. Every time I make this I think of him and usually hear the song Kokomo by the Beach Boys and I smile. I'm sure that seems kind of awkward but the first time I remembering hearing that song and falling in love with it was with Jeff at his parent's house when I was little bitty. I'll leave you with this quote from Jeff that was shared at his funeral and maybe I'll post the recipe later on this week :D

"You only get one shot at this life. don't waste it, it could be gone any day. travel. blow some money. go see some music. make some music. kiss someone on the mouth (preferably someone who won't sue you). read a book. write a book. whatever. just don't take it for granted. no one lies on their death bed wishing they had spent more time at the office. Grab Let It Be (preferably on vinyl) tonight, and sit back and enjoy yourself."
-Jeff Wilson (1974-2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment