Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chair Repair


Ok, so it's not really a repair as much as a spray paint job, but "chair repair" had such a nice ring to it! I found this Ethan Allen chair (pictured below) sitting in a throw away pile in the foyer of my apartment building the other day and decided...I've got time on my hands...I might as well. So I grabbed it quickly and hopped on the elevator with my newest project.


The first thing I did was Lysol, the second thing I did was Lysol and then I whipped out the handy dandy spray paint (my solution to the world's problems). The funny thing is there's no great place to spray paint around my apartment, so I ended up doing on the balcony. I got a few funny looks. I was a little worried about my neighbors complaining about the fumes, but then again they blow smoke in my direction 24/7...literally. So I just spray painted my little heart out. 


I was very pleased with the result and it's now sitting by my side of the bed...I'll have to post some pictures of the bedroom next week. I'm almost finished! I couldn't be happier with my free chair that I updated with about $3 worth of spray paint! Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a totally different chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was so thrilled because I wasn't expecting such a huge change...thanks!

    ReplyDelete