Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!



Happy Birthday Mom! Today is my Mom’s birthday and I’d like to take a little walk down memory lane through some old photos. As a photographer, I love old family photos, I have them up all over my house! But before I get to the photos, I want to say thank you.

Thank you mom for being an amazing example for Jay and I.
Thank you for staying home and raising us.
Thank you for making Church, the Bible and especially a person relationship with Jesus Christ priority in our lives.
Thank you for always telling us to “look at the bubbles” when pouring peroxide on our cuts and scrapes…haha!
Thank you for always being there.
Thank you for loving us unconditionally even when we went through our awkward phases :D
Thank you for all you sacrificed for our happiness.
Thank you for praying without ceasing for us.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom
Thank you for being MOM!

Time for pictures:

What a precious family!


Wedding Day


Memom & Daddy Jack's 50 Wedding Anniversary


Family Reunion, Poetry, TX


Christmas 2005


Easter 2006


College Graduation


Wedding Day


For those of you who don’t know, Daddy Jack (mom’s dad) & Mom share the same birthday. I think the only way you couldn’t know that is if you never had the priveledge of meeting my sweet Daddy Jack. He went home to be with Jesus in December 2006, but he was so proud to share this special day with his daughter. I remember going to visit him in the the hospital in Kaufman in the summer of 2006 and when I walked in the nurse said, “You must be Jana, the volleyball player” I laughed and said "why yes I am" and then later on she told me how amazing it was that my grandfather and mom shared the same birthday…hahaha! Daddy Jack was very proud of his family. I definitely miss his stories and the smell of his old pearl snap shirts the most. Thank you Daddy Jack for leaving a Godly legacy, we all miss you dearly!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute for Kay and Daddy Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just linked to your blog from kay's facebook mention. kay and i grew up together and i have wonderful memories of times spent at your grandparents, Jack and Jo. your mom is amazing and helped me so much when my parents were sick and passed away. you have a wonderful family :)

    ReplyDelete