Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kitchen Ruffle Towels


I found some adorable towels like this on AshleyAnn's blog and have been wanting to make them for so long....and I FINALLY did! My first disclaimer is that I'm a photographer not a seamstress, don't judge the poor sewing...haha!


I picked out some of my favorite scrap fabric. The grey ruffle at the bottom is an old skirt that I had to retire but decided to hang onto it because I loved the material...thank goodness!

I just cut my strips of fabric, folded under the edges, and then sewed the ends down the ends to the towel and then pinned the ruffled areas. Then it was just sewing straight lines, which I'm getting better at, but it's no where near perfect!


I'm definitely pleased with the way it turned out! Thanks for the great idea AshleyAnn!




No comments:

Post a Comment